uPVC Window Production Manual
Part 8 Hardware Installation
This is the uPVC window production manual part 8. This uPVC window production manual mainly introduces hardware installation. From this part, you will also learn how to install the hardware in upvc window door frame and sash.
We choose hardware accessories according to the uPVC window profile structure. As a good uPVC window manufacturer, using the high-quality uPVC window fittings is very important.
During installation, the uPVC window accessories should match the profile hardware installation groove.
Now Moxisys uPVC profiles hardware installation grooves adopt Europe 12/20-9 series standard.
That means the hardware activity space is 12mm. the overlap edge is 20mm. and after that installation, the distance between hardware center line and frame small surface is 9mm. below is a picture for your reference.
1. casement window hardware introduction
1) uPVC window hinges
Bolt hinges consist of axle seat and axle sleeve.
Linkage type hinges consist of link rods. Normally it has four-link rods hinges and five-link rods hinges.
Below is two type of uPVC window hinges, please check.
The uPVC window hinges are used to make the frame and sash cooperate well, and bear the sash weight and the wind pressure load.
These two type of hinges opening and closing modality is also different.
The bolt hinges use axle rotation to open the window.
Meanwhile, linkage-type hinges use the link rods rotating and sliding to open the window.
Both types of hinges have advantages and disadvantages.
The bolt hinges construction is simple, price lower, installation and repair easier, and at the same time, bearing capacity strong. But this type of window glass cleaning is a difficulty.
The leakage type bearing capacity is weak. But glass cleaning is easier.
- Firstly, the hinge pin should use carbon steel.
- Secondly, the axle sleeve and block shot should use nylon.
- Thirdly, the surface coating should use polyester powder.
- Moreover, the sprayed surface should be uniform. Should not have defects such as bubbles, sagging, falling off and embossed lacquer.
- The oxide surface should be uniformity. Should not have defects such as light yellow, grinning and scorch.
2) uPVC window handles
uPVC window handles are mainly used for opening and closing the window and door.
It also has lock and sealing function.
From the opening modality, handles include outward opening handle and inward opening handle.
- Firstly, according to the uPVC window designs to choose.
- Secondly, the surface coating should use polyester powder.
- Thirdly, the sprayed surface should be uniform. Should not have defects such as bubbles, sagging, falling off and embossed lacquer.
- Moreover, the oxide surface should be uniformity. Should not have defects such as light yellow, grinning and scorch.
3) uPVC window transmission rod
>>> Consist and category
Transmission rod is used for window door multi points lockup through handle rotation.
It consists of lock pillar, gear, support, moving rod, fixed rod and lockset.
Transmission rod including sliding transmission rod and casement transmission rod.
- According to the window door type.
- The surface should smooth and burr-free. The coated should be uniform. Should not have defects such as light yellow, grinning and scorch.
- It should not have distortion. The fixed rod and moving rod bending tolerance should less than 0.5mm/m.
- The rivet connection should be fastness and reliable. The moving rod should be flexible and not stuck.
2. sliding window hardware introduction
There have variety hardware using in uPVC window sliding series.
But the main hardware are roller, crescent lock, anti-collision board, buffer block, windbreak bridge, and transmission rod.
We should choose the hardware according to the profile type.
1) uPVC window rollers
Support the window sash or door sash weight. And transport the weight to the frame.
To move a window sash or door sash along with the frame track by its own rolling.
>>> Consist and category
The roller consists of wheel frame, wheel body and axle. The wheel surface includes flat and groove type.
- Firstly, the wheel frame should not be deformation, deflection. The coated should be uniformity. Should not have defects such as light yellow, grinning and scorch.
- Secondly, the wheel body surface should smooth. Should not have defects such as bubbles, cracks and uneven.
- Thirdly, Axle should at the horizontal position.
- Moreover, the sash weight must within the roller load ability. The sash weight includes the sash frame, glazing bead, glass, and reinforcement steel. Normally use two rollers as calculation.
The roller size should match the installation groove size.
According to the overlap between frame and sash to choose the relevant rollers.
2) uPVC window locks
>>> Consist and function
Crescent lock is a device which lock the two sliding sashes through the rotate handle.
It consists of rotate handle, lock hook and pedestal.
Firstly, the coated surface should smooth. Should not have the defects such as bubbles, cracks and uneven.
Secondly, the cladding should be uniformity. Should not have defects such as light yellow, grinning and scorch.
Normally, the crescent lock is installed in the sash center.
Lock seat at one sash. And lock hook at the other sash. Rotate the handle to open and close.
3) other uPVC window fittings
>>> windbreak bridge
Because the two sashes have one sash frame overlapping.
There must have space at the frame bottom groove. This space makes ventilation and affect the leakproofness.
So, at this part, the upper frame and down frame should install windbreak bride to keep the leekproofness.
On the windbreak bridge have at least two sealing wool strips. This neither affect the sliding window sealing performance nor affect the sliding flexible.
>>> buffer block
According upvc window production manual, this is mainly used inside the sash groove.
This can also avoid the violent collision between the frame and sash.
It could also control the overlap for the frame and sash.
It made of rubber. And each side installs 2 pieces.
The distance between buffer block and ends of sash is 100-150mm.
>>> anti-collision board
This is mainly used on the down frame ends. Each end installs one. To avoid the violent collision.