What is uPVC Windows and Doors?
Firstly we should know what is the uPVC windows and doors profiles.
uPVC windows profiles use the uPVC resin material as the main material. Adding some stabilizers, colorants, fillers, UV absorbers, etc.
All these raw materials are mixed. Then through the extrusion machine to make the profiles.
These uPVC Doors and Windows profiles through relative uPVC window door machine cutting, welding or screwing make window door frames.
After that, we equip with sealant strip, wool strip, hardware, and so on.
In order to enhance the rigidity of the uPVC profile, some PVC window profiles need to insert the reinforcement steel.
According to this method, This type of window and door we called uPVC windows and doors.
We have made a guide. It will teach you how to make the uPVC windows and doors. It almost includes everything. Please check this uPVC Window Making: The Definitive Guide.
1. uPVC Windows and Doors Classification
- according to the opening mode.
We could divide them into a fixed window, top suspension window, middle suspension window, bottom suspension window, vertical rotation window, outward opening casement window door, inward opening casement window door, sliding window door, folding door, ground spring door, lifting sliding door and so on.
- according to the performance
They are ordinary window door, sound insulation window door, warm preservation window door
- according to the application
They are internal window doors and external window doors
- according to the brand
there are many different kinds of brands. we do not list here.
1) uPVC casement window
The uPVC casement window has many advantages such as opening areas, good ventilation, good sealing, sound insulation, heat preservation, and impermeability.
The uPVC casement window sizes with the inside opening are convenient to clean. When opening outside the uPVC casement window does not occupy space.
There are also have some disadvantages of the uPVC casement window details.
Such as the window is small and the vision is not wide.
The outward opening window needs to occupy a space outside the wall. So it will be easy to be damaged when the wind blows.
When opening inward, it also will occupy part of the indoor space.
It is also not convenient to use the screen window, curtain, etc.
If the quality doesn’t meet the standard, it may also rain.
2) uPVC sliding window
There have some advantages.
The sliding window is simple and beautiful.
And also large window width, large glass block, wide vision, high lighting rate, convenient glass cleaning, flexible use, safe and reliable, long usage life, opening in a plane occupying less space, convenient installation of screen window, etc.
Nowadays, sliding windows are widely used.
There also have some disadvantages.
The two windows can not be opened at the same time. Only half of them can be opened.
And the ventilation is a little poor. sometimes the sealing is also slightly poor.
3) Bottom suspension window
These type windows develop from casement windows.
We can open it in two ways, either horizontally or from the top.
When close the casement window, pull the upper part of the window inward.
And this will open a gap of about 10 cm. That is to say, we could open the window a little from the top. The open part is suspended through hardware.
Its advantage is that it can not only ventilate but also ensure safety.
Because of the hinge, the window can only open 10 cm seam. And the hand can not come in from the outside.
It is especially suitable for the situation when there is no one at home.
This function is not only limited to the casement window, but also the sliding window.
4) uPVC casement door
It has two types.
One is a single door opening.
The other is the double door opening.
When we open the doors. There will have two ways.
They are one-way opening and two-way opening.
One way opening means that the door can only be opened in one direction (only push in or pull out).
The two-way opening means that the door leaf can be opened in two directions (such as spring door).
5) PVC sliding door
The original sliding door is only used for the bedroom or locker room.
But with the development of technology and the diversification of decoration ways, the function of sliding doors is expanding. From sliding doors, folding doors to partition doors, the traditional plate surface is changing to glass, fabric, rattan, aluminum alloy profiles.
In this case, the use of sliding doors began to become diverse and rich.
In addition to the most common partition doors, sliding doors are widely used in bookcases, wall cabinets, living rooms, exhibition halls, sliding doors, etc.
2. uPVC Windows Performance
1) Warm preservation and energy saving
PVC window and door has a multi-cavity structure. It has very good heat insulation performance.
Their heat transfer performance is very small, with only 1/357 of steel and 1/250 of aluminum.
We could also see that the PVC window door has significant heat insulation and insulation effect, especially for modern buildings.
The indoor temperature of the room with uPVC windows is 4-5 degrees higher than wooden windows in winter. The effect of the double-layer glass is better in the colder area.
According to the test of the Institute of physics, the heat transfer coefficient of the normal aluminum window with a single glass is 64W/m2k.
The heat transfer coefficient of the uPVC windows with single glass is about 47w/m2k. and double glass will be better. The window and door have 30% area of the building, and Its dissipated heat accounts for 49%.
From this, we could say that the uPVC windows have good energy-saving benefits
2) physical property
The physical properties of uPVC doors and windows mainly refer to the air permeability (air tightness), rainwater leakage (water tightness), wind pressure resistance, warm protection, and sound insulation.
Because the profile of uPVC doors and windows have a unique multi-chamber structure. Then we weld the profile and make the uPVC window and door.
And all the gaps equip with sealant strips and wool strips, so it has good physical properties.
3) Corrosion resistance
PVC windows have good corrosion resistance due to their unique formula.
And, the corrosion resistance of PVC windows also depends on the hardware.
Under normal environments, the hardware is metal products. In a corrosive environment, such as food, medicine, health, chemical industry, and coastal areas, rainy and humid areas, we should use anti-corrosion hardware.
PVC window door adopts a special formula. Ultraviolet absorber and low-temperature impact resistance agents are added to the raw materials, so this improves the weather resistance.
It has been used for a long time in the environment of a temperature climate.
There is no discoloration, deterioration, aging, embrittlement and other phenomena in the range of – 30 ℃ to 70 ℃, in the change of hot sun, rainstorm, drying and humidity.
uPVC window door has been used in Europe for 30 years. And their materials are still in good condition.
5) Fire resistance
uPVC windows and doors do not self ignite, do not support combustion, self-extinguishing from fire.
These windows and doors are safe and reliable. It could meet the fire protection requirements, which further expands the usage of the uPVC window door.
6) Insulation property
The profile for the uPVC window door is an electrical insulator, which is non-conductive and has a high safety factor.
The quality of the uPVC window door is fine and smooth.
The quality is the same inside and outside without special surface treatment. It is easy to process.
After cutting and welding processing, the length, width and diagonal of the finished doors and windows can be within ±2mm. The angular strength can be more than 3000N.
8) Sound insulation performance
It depends on the sound insulation effect of glass. Because the galss occupy for about 80% of the area.
Upvc window door could adopt different glass composite structures. According to the resonance transmission principle of sound waves and coupling, we could make insulating glass uPVC windows, and ordinary double-layer glass windows. And this will enhance the sound insulation effect.
In the door and window structure, we should also use high-quality rubber strip and plastic sealing accessories. This will make the sealing performance of the uPVC window door more significant.
3. uPVC Doors and Windows Advantages and disadvantages
- Firstly, heat preservation is good. the thermal conductivity is low. And the thermal insulation effect is better. They have good airtightness. In the cold area, although the outdoor temperature is dozens of degrees below zero, the indoor temperature is another world.
- Secondly, the sound insulation of the uPVC window door is good. Because the structure has been carefully designed, and the joints are tight. The test results show that the sound insulation is 30dB, which meets the relevant standards.
- Thirdly, the impact resistance of the uPVC window door is good.
- Good air tightness
- Good water tightness
- The fire resistance of the uPVC window door is good.
- Good anti-theft performance. If we equip with excellent hardware accessories and high-level decorative locks, it will make thieves helpless
- The PVC material is not good in Rigidity, so it is necessary to add reinforcement inside the steel. This will increase the hardness.
- the fire resistance is slightly poor. If the fire protection requirements are very high, we would like to recommend aluminum alloy material.
- the material of uPVC profile is brittle, heavier than aluminum alloy, and toxic emissions will occur during combustion
4. PVC Window and Door Maintenance
- In order to take full advantage and extend the usage life of the uPVC window door, we should also pay attention to the maintenance of a uPVC window door when using them.
- Firstly, we should clean the dust regularly. And this will keep the doors and windows, glass and hardware clean and bright.
- Secondly, If the doors and windows with oil stains, we should use some special liquid to remove it to avoid corrosion.
- Thirdly, we should also clean the particles and other sundries inside the frame. This will avoid blocking the drainage channel and causing water leakage.
- When opening and closing doors and windows, the strength shall be moderate.
- Try to avoid hitting doors and windows with hard objects or scratching the profile surface.